Name:
Location: Fresno, California, United States

I'm a Christian Swordfighter and Renfaire actor living in California. I'm just trying to make my place in this world and achieve God's purpose in my life.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Anyone know the way to Albania?

Hmm...Where's my ancient Illysian translation books?

I got a heck of a call a few days ago. Seems the church wants me for some mission work in Albania. It would be short term missionary work, helping with a summer daycamp. I can't believe it, but I think GOd just might let me do this. I;ve prayed on it and I really feel like I can help the faith over there. It would be a three-week enterprise, mainly assisting the established missionaries and getting some on site and presite training.

For those unfamiliar with Albania, it's is an eastern European country that has had a very hard history. Once a independent nation, it was first overrun by the Greeks, who complained about un-Greek they were. They eventually regained their independence as a sovigen nation and enjoyed prosperity as a Christian nation right up until the Ottoman Empire showed up. Overrun first by the Turks and than the Ottoman, the nation was made a slave state to a much larger Christian Empire. A rather impressive Albanian general overthrew the ottoman for a time, declaring "I have not brought you freedom, but found it amongst you". He held the ground for many years, fiercely defending his homeland with little support from the far western Christian empires. It was 12 years after his death that the Ottoman Empire was able to reclaim the nation. It was not until the end of WWII that the nation was able to reclaim it's sovereignty. It then became part of the Iron curtain, becoming overrun with communism, which abolished all religious institutions. Albania declared independence in 1964 and became a democratic nation, but a nation with very little religious basis. Declared to be the most a-religious nation in Europe, Albanians have been left without much in the way of a moral compass in which to steer their lives. Our church has been helping missionaries in the area for years and occasionally send helpers to the area. I'm to be one of those helpers.

I'm very excited by this prospect and eagerly look forward to it. The only issues remaining are fincial (I have to raise the cash to fly over and eat while I'm there) and holy. (a little more prayer)

Feel free to pray for me:) I appreciate all the help I can get.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do your self a favor and stay out of my country, we don;t need your stupid bibles and missionary work so save yourself the time and go somewhere else, by the way we are a majority of muslims so try greece or serbia

31/5/06 12:47 PM  
Blogger WanderSoul said...

I sense from your post that you yourself may be islamic. As such, I can only state that I belive that God's will, which I belive you define as Kismet brings me to your country.

21/6/06 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home